Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Amazing Spider-Man #638 [2010] One Moment In Time


AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #638
SOMETHING OLDFollowing the events from One More Day we witness what Mary Jane whispered to Mephisto and what happened on the day of the wedding by mixing in pages from the 1987 Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21.
One Moment In Time brings closure to fans on the current status quo however I am not happy that Peter Parker is still single. I waited patiently for the writers to reveal what Mary Jane said to Mephisto since it was concealed. Honestly I wish they hadn’t concealed the words said because there was nothing really to hide.

I enjoyed this issue taking place in-between the pages of the wedding annual. The story flowed through this issue and I was expecting a cliffhanger ending however I got a satisfactory issue. Three more issues to go for this four-part storyline and the only question left unanswered is how did that moment help Pete’s identity become a secret again?

RECOMMENDED – 4 OUT OF 5