Thursday, March 1, 2012

G.I. Joe Yearbook TPB [1985-1988]


G.I. JOE YEARBOOK TRADE PAPERBACK
The trade collects 4 years of issues detailing summary recaps of issues, storylines, and character profiles released between 1985 and 1988. The first issue reprints Operation: Lady Doomsday from G.I. Joe #1. The second issue contains an original story by series writer Larry Hama about the Soviet October Guard testing a new laser on Afghan tribesmen. The third issue follows Scarlett and Storm Shadow rescuing Snake-Eyes from Cobra after the events of G.I. Joe #55 while Serpentor tells a tale about pizza when he was in the Roman army. The final yearbook follows the October Guard sneaking onto Cobra Island with the intention of capturing Cobra Commander. However unknown to the October Guard the original Cobra Commander was shot and killed while a rogue Crimson Guardsmen took his place.

This paperback collects
G.I. Joe Yearbook #1-4

RECOMMENDED – 4 OUT OF 5